What do you get when you have so many tins of chickpeas lying around? HUMMUS. On this occasion, I happened to have a packet of sundried tomatoes open as well so thought, why not combine these two great ingredients to create an amazing explosion of flavours. The end result is actually delicious and the sundried tomatoes bring great depth to this side dish.
Serves 1 bowl
- 1 can (400g) of chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- 6-8 sundried tomatoes
- 70 mls of olive oil
- Half a lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Take a blender or Nutribullet in my case and put the chickpeas, garlic clove, sundried tomatoes and olive oil together to blitz.
- Blend it until all the ingredients have combined to form a hummus texture.
- Salt and pepper to taste and squeeze the lemon juice.
- Mix together and serve!
- I added a little smoked paprika on top of this one.