I am always trying to come with new snack ideas to take to work because buying protein bars just ends up costing too much money and at least when you make your own baked treats, you know exactly what is going in them.
These little bites are really light and low in calories compared to other goodies. If you are just craving a little sweet bite then these are perfect.
- 30 g popped Quinoa. I used the Coop’s version
- 30 g, Oats
- 30 g, Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp, Salted caramel essence (you can use vanilla, almond etc)
- 1 Scoop (30g), 100% Whey Protein
- 3 tsp (4.6g), Agarve Nectar (or more if you like it sweeter)
- Almond milk
- 2 tsp, Choc Shot or 3 squares of 70-90% dark chocolate
- Combine the popped quinoa,oats, peanut butter,whey, agarve nectar and essence.
- Add almond milk until the ingredients come together and you are able to form 8 balls.
- Melt the chocolate or squeeze the choc shot over the balls.
- Put in the fridge to set and I recommend you keep them in fridge until you want to enjoy them.