These delightful little bites are the perfect alternative to a chocolate bar when you need a little help controlling that sweet tooth. I love these mid-afternoon for a tasty pick me up. My version is gluten free as I use coconut flour but you can add wholewheat flour if you want a muffin that is a little more substancial.
2-3 mashed bananas (depending on the size 3 medium or 2 large)
3 Tablespoons honey/maple syrup
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
30g coconut oil
100g plain Greek yogurt (nonfat)
4 tablespoon of coconut flour
40-50g mini chocolate chips (dark chocolate preferably)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and spray 9 cup standard muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mash bananas, add maple syrup, oil, vanilla, Greek yogurt and egg. Mix until well combined and smooth
- Add dry ingredients (coconut flour and baking soda ) and mix.
- Let it sit for a few minutes (coconut flour takes a little more time to set compared to standard flour)
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins with mixture almost to the top. Bake until the toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out almost clean. It takes about 15 minutes for the muffins to bake.