Ceviche is really the ideal summer dish! Light and full of flavour, I never get fed up of eating it. I created my own version with prawns for mother’s day and it was a great success at the dinner table, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 600g of prawns
- 2 limes
- 1 lemon
- 1 mango (chopped into cubes)
- 1 jar of jalapeños
- 1 red onion
- 4 tomatoes (chopped into cubes)
- 3 avocados (chopped into cubes)
- A bunch of coriander
- Salt & pepper
- 1 stacking ring
- Unless you know you have some very fresh raw prawns, I partially blanched them in boiling water before draining them, chopping them into smaller pieces (just keep 6 full prawns to one side) and placing them in a bowl.
- Add the juice of one lemon and one lime, season and mix.
- Leave it for a few hours or even better, over night.
- Use 1/3 or 1/2 a jar of jalapeños and chop them finely, do the same with the red onion.
- Mix them up together.
- Take the mango cubes and add half the bunch of coriander which has also been finely chopped.
- Add the juice of a lime to the avocado and season.
- Once you are ready to plate up, place the stacking ring on the plate.
- Add some avocado to the base (I seasoned my avocado with guacamole spices but this is optional)
- After the avocado, add a layer of tomatoes.
- Next, add the marinated prawns.
- After the prawns, comes the red onion and jalapeños, this is just a fine layer and you may need to alter this depending on how spicy people enjoy their food.
- Finish the stack with the mango and coriander.
- Just grill the 6 prawns quickly on a hot grill pan to add on top of each stack (optional – for decoration mainly)