Summer Time in The Royal Gardens
It won’t just be teddy bears having a picnic this Summer thanks to Royal Savoy Hotel & Spa. They are offering you the opportunity to sit back and relax in the Royal Gardens with a generous hamper of delicious goods.
The Lausanne based hotel has launched picnic baskets this Summer and I can’t think of a better way to spend a lazy sunny afternoon, than in the shade of a tree, blanket laid out and being surrounded by food and friends.
So how does it work?
- Each hamper costs CHF 100.- and is enough for two people. You will find the following items in your basket:
- Homemade foccacia and baguette
- Potato chips
- Cherry tomatoes with buffalo mozarella
- Roasted beef with ravigote sauce
- Cep saucisson
- A selection of Swiss cheeses
- Fresh strawberries and cherries
- A small bottle of water per person
2. You can order these baskets everyday and they are available between 11h00-21h00.
3. Simply call up 2 hours in advance to pre-book your hamper ( + 41 21 614 88 88 )
4. Collect your hamper at reception upon your arrival
5. Make your way to the gardens and enjoy yourselves!
The Royal Gardens is also the ideal spot to go for a walk, enjoy a game of petanque or simply to take in the magnificient views.
If you wander down the gardens, you will come across the Royal Beehives where you can discover the fascinating world of apiculture – their homemade honey is simply delicious!
If you want to treat yourself to a refined and elegant meal, then let Signature Cher Marc Haeberlin and his team give you the Royal treatment at the Terrasse de la Brasserie. The terrace also allows you to enjoy exquisite food, a casual coffee or drinks amongst friends in a beautiful setting.
The Sky Lounge
If a picnic isn’t quite your thing then head on up to the top of the hotel and enjoy their incredible Sky Lounge. From here, you can enjoy a 360 degree panoramic view over Lausanne, Lake Geneva, the Alps and the Lavaux.
There is an exotic menu on offer, providing you with culinary experiences covering all 5 continents. Your tastebuds won’t be disappointed.
CLICK HERE to view the entire menu.
If you aren’t in the mood for a bite to eat then I am sure the Savoy’s extensive drink menu will entice you, they have it all, from the classic champagne to the more adventurous cocktail.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the unique Savoy experience!
Wednesday to Sunday – from 12 pm to Midnight (last orders at 10pm)
12 pm – 2 pm: Lunch (last orders at 2 pm)
3 pm – 6 pm: Drinks and light snacks service
7 pm – Midnight: Dinner (last orders 10 pm)
Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Private parties are welcome on request.
Dress code: Casual
contenu de la page